London Colney lose to Bedmond in friendly
- Credit: Archant
London Colney lost 2-1 to Bedmond on Saturday in a hastily-arranged friendly.
Colney’s league game against Hatfield Town fell foul of the weather so they arranged a friendly on Parmiters School’s astro turf pitch.
Fielding a side of first team and reserves players, the Blueboys took a 1-0 half time lead with a goal from Greg Shaw.
Early in the second half Matt Newman nearly doubled the lead but his goal-bound shot was hacked off the line.
Late in the game, after a hail shower, Bedmond drew level when former Blueboy Gary Sippetts beat Mark Whittamore to the ball, flicked it past him and placed it into the back of the net.
You may also want to watch:
With only a few minutes to go, Bedmond snatched a second to win 2-1 when Ian Hughes hit a long range shot that flew over Whittamore with a bit of help from the wind.
This Saturday the Blueboys are scheduled to entertain London Lions at Cotlandswick in the league, 3pm kick-off.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor