London Colney lose to Bedmond in friendly
- Credit: Archant
London Colney lost 2-1 to Bedmond on Saturday in a hastily-arranged friendly.
Colney’s league game against Hatfield Town fell foul of the weather so they arranged a friendly on Parmiters School’s astro turf pitch.
Fielding a side of first team and reserves players, the Blueboys took a 1-0 half time lead with a goal from Greg Shaw.
Early in the second half Matt Newman nearly doubled the lead but his goal-bound shot was hacked off the line.
Late in the game, after a hail shower, Bedmond drew level when former Blueboy Gary Sippetts beat Mark Whittamore to the ball, flicked it past him and placed it into the back of the net.
With only a few minutes to go, Bedmond snatched a second to win 2-1 when Ian Hughes hit a long range shot that flew over Whittamore with a bit of help from the wind.
This Saturday the Blueboys are scheduled to entertain London Lions at Cotlandswick in the league, 3pm kick-off.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival