London Colney lose to Bedmond in friendly
- Credit: Archant
London Colney lost 2-1 to Bedmond on Saturday in a hastily-arranged friendly.
Colney’s league game against Hatfield Town fell foul of the weather so they arranged a friendly on Parmiters School’s astro turf pitch.
Fielding a side of first team and reserves players, the Blueboys took a 1-0 half time lead with a goal from Greg Shaw.
Early in the second half Matt Newman nearly doubled the lead but his goal-bound shot was hacked off the line.
Late in the game, after a hail shower, Bedmond drew level when former Blueboy Gary Sippetts beat Mark Whittamore to the ball, flicked it past him and placed it into the back of the net.
You may also want to watch:
With only a few minutes to go, Bedmond snatched a second to win 2-1 when Ian Hughes hit a long range shot that flew over Whittamore with a bit of help from the wind.
This Saturday the Blueboys are scheduled to entertain London Lions at Cotlandswick in the league, 3pm kick-off.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre