London Colney held by Aylesbury
- Credit: Archant
London Colney’s pre-season continued with a 1-1 draw at home to Aylesbury.
It was almost a very good victory, with the visitors only grabbing an equaliser in the last minute.
Colney nearly took the lead in the first minute when a blocked clearance by Che Kin To was hacked off the line by Rob Tomlin.
At the other end Shaun Murphy made a great clearance inside the box as Aylesbury pressed forward.
Just before the break Jack Woods made a excellent surging run forward only to be denied by a firm challenge on the edge of the area.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys edged ahead three minutes into the second half when Greg Shaw drilled home a spot kick, given for handball.
After this both teams made quite a few changes to their line-ups and it took a while for both teams to get back into the their stride.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
For the Blueboys Kin To went close with a sizzling low shot that flew only just past the Aylesbury keeper’s right hand post.
Very late into the game Aylesbury snatched an equaliser when James Faulkner caught keeper Tom Gowans napping at the near post with an inswinging free-kick.
London Colney are next in action tonight (Thursday), again at Cotlandswick, against Aylesbury United before a third home match against Enfield Borough on Saturday at 2pm.