London Colney held by Aylesbury
- Credit: Archant
London Colney’s pre-season continued with a 1-1 draw at home to Aylesbury.
It was almost a very good victory, with the visitors only grabbing an equaliser in the last minute.
Colney nearly took the lead in the first minute when a blocked clearance by Che Kin To was hacked off the line by Rob Tomlin.
At the other end Shaun Murphy made a great clearance inside the box as Aylesbury pressed forward.
Just before the break Jack Woods made a excellent surging run forward only to be denied by a firm challenge on the edge of the area.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys edged ahead three minutes into the second half when Greg Shaw drilled home a spot kick, given for handball.
After this both teams made quite a few changes to their line-ups and it took a while for both teams to get back into the their stride.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
For the Blueboys Kin To went close with a sizzling low shot that flew only just past the Aylesbury keeper’s right hand post.
Very late into the game Aylesbury snatched an equaliser when James Faulkner caught keeper Tom Gowans napping at the near post with an inswinging free-kick.
London Colney are next in action tonight (Thursday), again at Cotlandswick, against Aylesbury United before a third home match against Enfield Borough on Saturday at 2pm.