London Colney held by Aylesbury
- Credit: Archant
London Colney’s pre-season continued with a 1-1 draw at home to Aylesbury.
It was almost a very good victory, with the visitors only grabbing an equaliser in the last minute.
Colney nearly took the lead in the first minute when a blocked clearance by Che Kin To was hacked off the line by Rob Tomlin.
At the other end Shaun Murphy made a great clearance inside the box as Aylesbury pressed forward.
Just before the break Jack Woods made a excellent surging run forward only to be denied by a firm challenge on the edge of the area.
The Blueboys edged ahead three minutes into the second half when Greg Shaw drilled home a spot kick, given for handball.
After this both teams made quite a few changes to their line-ups and it took a while for both teams to get back into the their stride.
- 1 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
For the Blueboys Kin To went close with a sizzling low shot that flew only just past the Aylesbury keeper’s right hand post.
Very late into the game Aylesbury snatched an equaliser when James Faulkner caught keeper Tom Gowans napping at the near post with an inswinging free-kick.
London Colney are next in action tonight (Thursday), again at Cotlandswick, against Aylesbury United before a third home match against Enfield Borough on Saturday at 2pm.