London Colney held
Molten Spartan South Midlands Division One Sun Postal Sports 0 London Colney 0 LONDON Colney picked up their second point in five games with a 0-0 draw away at Sun Postal Sports. Both Jack Rowley and Ian Cooper went close early on and then Paul Danslow se
Molten Spartan South Midlands Division One
Sun Postal Sports 0 London Colney 0
LONDON Colney picked up their second point in five games with a 0-0 draw away at Sun Postal Sports.
Both Jack Rowley and Ian Cooper went close early on and then Paul Danslow set up Cooper but his shot was saved under the bar by Andy Felton.
You may also want to watch:
Russell Gallagher and Cooper worked a short corner routine which saw Cooper play the ball into the box but Danslow's overhead kick was blocked by Luke Bartlett who was injured in the process.
Ben Poulton had a great chance for the home side after a mistake by Josh Humbert but he blazed over the bar.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
A deep cross into the box by Dan McCafferty found Shaw at the far post but his header was blocked on the line by Felton and Simmonds follow up went well wide.
Cooper had a couple of efforts saved low down while Gallagher cut into the box but his low drive was saved by Felton.
In the second half an excellent curling corner by McCafferty was somehow blocked on the line and Shaw had an effort blocked.
Sun Postal's Neil Richardson then got in behind the Blueboys' defence but he was denied by Alistair Hill before firing the rebound wide.
Cooper set Gallagher up but with the goal at his mercy he fired against the crossbar.
Colney created chances with Sam Mitchell shooting just over the bar and Shaw having an effort saved.
The home side thought they had snatched the points when Tom Inch was through on goal but Hill block his shot and Richardson put the rebound over the bar.
London Colney: Hill, Paradise, McCafferty, Dickie, Humbert, Rowley (Mitchell), Shaw, Cooper, Danslow (Barker), Gallagher, Simmonds. Subs not used: Benning, Caines.
l The reserves picked up two points following draws with Oxhey United and Leverstock Green.
Russell Gallagher score the Blueboys goal but Oxhey hit an equaliser deep into injury time. Paul Danslow had earlier hit the post for the Colney and the game was marred by Sebastian Thomas being taken to hospital with a broken leg.
The Blueboys were also unhappy after they returned to the changing rooms to find that they had been broken into and a number of players had lost valuable possessions.
In their next game at high flying Leverstock Green the Blueboys were the ones who left it late to claim a point.
Gavin Conway held his nerve to convert a penalty after Ross Gregory was pulled back inside the box.