London Colney ‘finally getting there’ after much better week and first win
- Credit: Archant
They may have ended the week sitting in the same position of the SSML Premier Division but there was still plenty for London Colney to be proud of.
Not least was a first win of the season, 2-0 at home to Crawley Green on Saturday with Finbar King and Denzel Conlch on target, three points that temporarily lifted them off the foot of the table.
Results went against them on Tuesday but for 45 minutes they had the now leaders of the division, Biggleswade United, rocking.
The Blueboys led 2-1 at half-time after goals from Elliott Beevor and King before United pulled clear to win 4-2 but assistant manager Jack Metcalfe is happy with their progress.
He said: “I finally feel like we’re getting there. Lots of positives to take for us to build on and they are a great bunch of lads who want to improve and learn.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a debut for 16-year-old Danny Flower, a product of London Colney Youth.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district