London Colney announce first batch of players ahead of new Spartan South Midlands League season
- Credit: Archant
London Colney have begun the process of moving away from the foot of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division table with the first set of players announced for the new season.
The Blueboys suffered a torrid time of it last year and were cut adrift from safety when the season was made null and void in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
But the Cotlandswick-based club have had had a busy summer and after announcing a change off the field, Marce Collington coming in alongside Ken Charlery as joint-manager, with Jack Metcalfe promoted to first-team coach, they have now set about improving the squad.
Elliott Beevor, Adriano Gil; Jack Mace and Emmanuel Ndukwu have all been retained while Matthew Gbio, Anthony Sanderson and Andrew Simmons come in.
One more new signing sees the return of the club’s popular former captain Joe Reynolds.
You may also want to watch:
The SSML season is set to start on September 5.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier