London Colney announce first batch of players ahead of new Spartan South Midlands League season
- Credit: Archant
London Colney have begun the process of moving away from the foot of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division table with the first set of players announced for the new season.
The Blueboys suffered a torrid time of it last year and were cut adrift from safety when the season was made null and void in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
But the Cotlandswick-based club have had had a busy summer and after announcing a change off the field, Marce Collington coming in alongside Ken Charlery as joint-manager, with Jack Metcalfe promoted to first-team coach, they have now set about improving the squad.
Elliott Beevor, Adriano Gil; Jack Mace and Emmanuel Ndukwu have all been retained while Matthew Gbio, Anthony Sanderson and Andrew Simmons come in.
One more new signing sees the return of the club’s popular former captain Joe Reynolds.
You may also want to watch:
The SSML season is set to start on September 5.
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides