London Colney extend unbeaten league run to 26 games
- Credit: Archant
London Colney stretched their unbeaten league run now to 26 matches after a 1-1 draw with Hoddesdon Town on Tuesday night.
The Blueboys last loss came in December 2014 and their stunning form has them as one of the favourites for this season’s SSML Premier Division title.
On Tuesday they had to come back from a goal down to continue to streak.
Mark Summers dispatched a penalty in the 25th minute to put Hoddesdon in front.
It took until the 10 minutes from time for the Blueboys to pull level, and Russell Gallagher provided the final touch. Spencer Clarke-Mardel sped down the right wing and put in a low cross that evaded Matt Standen and Lee Armitt but not Gallagher, who arrived at the back post to score.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, London Colney are at home against Bedford, kick-off 3pm.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests