London Colney extend unbeaten league run to 26 games
- Credit: Archant
London Colney stretched their unbeaten league run now to 26 matches after a 1-1 draw with Hoddesdon Town on Tuesday night.
The Blueboys last loss came in December 2014 and their stunning form has them as one of the favourites for this season’s SSML Premier Division title.
On Tuesday they had to come back from a goal down to continue to streak.
Mark Summers dispatched a penalty in the 25th minute to put Hoddesdon in front.
It took until the 10 minutes from time for the Blueboys to pull level, and Russell Gallagher provided the final touch. Spencer Clarke-Mardel sped down the right wing and put in a low cross that evaded Matt Standen and Lee Armitt but not Gallagher, who arrived at the back post to score.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, London Colney are at home against Bedford, kick-off 3pm.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery