London Colney continue unbeaten start to league campaign after Broxbourne victory
- Credit: Archant
London Colney stretched their unbeaten start in the league to nine after a comfortable 3-0 win over FC Broxbourne Borough on Saturday.
Two goals from Greg Shaw plus one from James Ewington, his seventh in three games, puts them in fifth place having won six and drawn three so far this year.
Ewington opened the scoring just before half-time when he turned his marker before drilling into the bottom left-hand corner of the net.
It was no more than the Blueboys had deserved after a first half they had dominated.
A shot from 20 yards by Charlie Smith was just pushed around the post at the last moment by Broxbourne keeper, Adam Seymour.
You may also want to watch:
Twice Stefan Geraldes shot just over the bar and captain Danny Fitzgerald also put one narrowly too high.
But once the goal went in it seemed to calm Colney and shortly after the interval it was 2-0.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
Tom Smith was brought down in the box and Shaw thumped the penalty into the roof of the net.
Dan Power had an effort blocked as did Ewington, Fitzgerald and Geraldes.
It was only a matter of time though before the third arrived, Shaw beautiful volleying Charlie Smith’s cross home past a stationary Seymour.
The Blueboys will hope to make it 10 when they face London Tigers at home tonight (Tuesday) in a 7.45pm kick-off.