London Colney continue remarkable run of form
- Credit: Archant
London Colney’s remarkable run of form continued on Tuesday night when they thrashed Stotford 4-0 at Cotlandswick.
The result pushed the Blueboys up to fourth in the SSML Premier Division.
Colney have laid a relentless siege on the league since the middle of December. Their last loss came on December 13 at the hands of Colney Heath. Since then, they have won 13 of 15 games - the other two have been draws.
Even more remarkably, Ryan Thompson’s side have kept 13 clean sheets in that stretch, while, at the other end, scored 34 goals.
Their last two games have been in clinic in attack and defence.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, against London Tigers, Greg Shaw scored the only goal of the first-half before doubling his side’s advantage from the penalty spot after Tommy Smith was upended in the box.
Tigers had a player sent off for an alleged punch and Colney profited by extending their lead through Stef Geraldes.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Then, on Tuesday, James Ewington scored Colney’s first and fourth goals in the rout of Stotfold. Shaw and Geraldes netted the other goals as they racked up their eighth straight league win.