London Colney Colts lose out
Goals from Yannick Saminaden and a brace from debutant Jack Davies were not enough for the Colts U15s as they lost 5-3 away to Panathinaikos Green despite some excellent defending from the other debutant and Man of the Match Joe Kenneford. Colts U14s foug
Goals from Yannick Saminaden and a brace from debutant Jack Davies were not enough for the Colts U15s as they lost 5-3 away to Panathinaikos Green despite some excellent defending from the other debutant and Man of the Match Joe Kenneford.
Colts U14s fought competitively in an even first half, going in 0-0 at the break.
During the second period Evergreen made the home advantage count and scored the only goal of the game with ten minutes to go. Man of the Match went to Colts' new signing Nathan Greaves, who worked tirelessly in midfield.
Despite only having 10 players, Colts U12s competed equally as hard as their opponents, Gadeside Red. Trailing at half time to a breakaway goal, Colts pressed for an equaliser but went further behind late on. Ben Smalley scored with the last kick of the game as Colts fell to a 2-1 away defeat. Sam Naief was named Man of the Match.
Colts U11s got their new season off to a winning start with a 2-1 victory over Harvesters in the League Cup.
Colts led 2-0 through Eden Clements-Killen and Ryan Sutherland, and were unfortunate to concede an own goal.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
Man of the Match was defender Ashween Coorjee.
Colts U10s won 4-2 away to Bushey Eagles.
An own goal gave them an initial 1-0 lead, and Allessandro Fardella, Conor McCallion and Danny Diviney each added a further strike to their tally.
It was a strong team performance and Man of the Match was awarded to Danny Diviney.