London Colney Colts lose out
Goals from Yannick Saminaden and a brace from debutant Jack Davies were not enough for the Colts U15s as they lost 5-3 away to Panathinaikos Green despite some excellent defending from the other debutant and Man of the Match Joe Kenneford. Colts U14s foug
Goals from Yannick Saminaden and a brace from debutant Jack Davies were not enough for the Colts U15s as they lost 5-3 away to Panathinaikos Green despite some excellent defending from the other debutant and Man of the Match Joe Kenneford.
Colts U14s fought competitively in an even first half, going in 0-0 at the break.
During the second period Evergreen made the home advantage count and scored the only goal of the game with ten minutes to go. Man of the Match went to Colts' new signing Nathan Greaves, who worked tirelessly in midfield.
Despite only having 10 players, Colts U12s competed equally as hard as their opponents, Gadeside Red. Trailing at half time to a breakaway goal, Colts pressed for an equaliser but went further behind late on. Ben Smalley scored with the last kick of the game as Colts fell to a 2-1 away defeat. Sam Naief was named Man of the Match.
You may also want to watch:
Colts U11s got their new season off to a winning start with a 2-1 victory over Harvesters in the League Cup.
Colts led 2-0 through Eden Clements-Killen and Ryan Sutherland, and were unfortunate to concede an own goal.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Man of the Match was defender Ashween Coorjee.
Colts U10s won 4-2 away to Bushey Eagles.
An own goal gave them an initial 1-0 lead, and Allessandro Fardella, Conor McCallion and Danny Diviney each added a further strike to their tally.
It was a strong team performance and Man of the Match was awarded to Danny Diviney.