Double European success for London Colney Colts
- Credit: Archant
London Colney Colts took two teams over to Belgium for the Hageland Cup Tournament – and both came back with tales to tell and silverware in their luggage.
The U8s were in the Gold Cup and qualified first from their group against two clubs from the host country.
They saw off Kentish Town in the quarter-finals, coming back from 2-1 down to win 5-3, before dominating Pro Player in the semi-finals, winning 10-1.
The final was against BFC Bussum of the Netherlands and the boys worked incredibly hard to run out as champions.
The U12s again finished top of their group after victories over KVC Westerlo, DVC ‘26 Didam and Kentish Town Youth.
You may also want to watch:
Luton Town FC development were beaten in the quarter-finals and penalties saw off Kent’s Rising Stars Youth.
The final saw Colney go 2-0 up against Pro Sports Academy of Berkhamsted and despite a late goal, they hung on for a fifth trophy of the season.
- 1 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 2 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge