Double European success for London Colney Colts
- Credit: Archant
London Colney Colts took two teams over to Belgium for the Hageland Cup Tournament – and both came back with tales to tell and silverware in their luggage.
The U8s were in the Gold Cup and qualified first from their group against two clubs from the host country.
They saw off Kentish Town in the quarter-finals, coming back from 2-1 down to win 5-3, before dominating Pro Player in the semi-finals, winning 10-1.
The final was against BFC Bussum of the Netherlands and the boys worked incredibly hard to run out as champions.
The U12s again finished top of their group after victories over KVC Westerlo, DVC ‘26 Didam and Kentish Town Youth.
You may also want to watch:
Luton Town FC development were beaten in the quarter-finals and penalties saw off Kent’s Rising Stars Youth.
The final saw Colney go 2-0 up against Pro Sports Academy of Berkhamsted and despite a late goal, they hung on for a fifth trophy of the season.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 5 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears