London Colney Colts crowned U7 champions by ex-England player Danny Murphy
- Credit: Archant
London Colney Colts Blues returned home from the ESF Festival of Football at Butlins in Bognor Regis as U7 champions.
After a fun-filled weekend away on tour, the team topped the U7 table, with the players being presented with their trophy award by former Fulham and England star Danny Murphy.
By winning the tournament, Blues automatically qualify for the ESF Finale, which takes place later this year at the University of Warwick Football Centre.
With over 1,100 boys and girls teams participating every year, the ESF Festival of Football is the biggest youth football festival in the UK. Murphy, who presented the team with their awards on the night, said: “To be crowned ESF Champions is a fantastic achievement. The team should be really proud of themselves. Well done to everyone involved with London Colney Colts Blues.”
Manager Paul O’Dwyer added: “We’ve had a fantastic time away on tour at the ESF Festival of Football at Butlins, it’s been a great experience for us all and one which I’m sure the lads will remember for years to come. We had a great time across the whole weekend and put in some tremendous performances on the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“For the team to meet Danny Murphy topped off a fantastic weekend. The boys are all set for Warwick in July and the ESF Finale.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development