London Colney and AFC Dunstable play out goalless draw
London Colney played out a 0-0 draw with AFC Dunstable on Tuesday evening.
It was not for lack of trying that the Blueboy’s didn’t register a goal – just the second time this season they haven’t scored – but by keeping a clean sheet they extended their unbeaten run to five games.
Martin Collins was the first to come close for Colney, twice forcing Ryan Darby into saves. Matt Newman was next to try his luck. After netting his 99th goal for London Colney on Saturday he was looking for his century but his shot cannon back off the post.
Darby then made a one handed save as he pushed away a stinging shot from Collins and moments later Newman fired in a volley which just cleared the crossbar as the half ended goalless.
Colney continued to pour forward and craft chances with Danny Fitzgerald twice striking the woodwork and Newman, Collins and Spencer Clarke-Mardel failing to convert.
You may also want to watch:
For all their chances, it wasn’t going to be Colney’s night and luckily for the Blueboys’ manager Ryan Thompson his goalkeeper, Charlie May, was also in fine form and denied Dunstable a late winner.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets