London Colney and AFC Dunstable play out goalless draw
London Colney played out a 0-0 draw with AFC Dunstable on Tuesday evening.
It was not for lack of trying that the Blueboy’s didn’t register a goal – just the second time this season they haven’t scored – but by keeping a clean sheet they extended their unbeaten run to five games.
Martin Collins was the first to come close for Colney, twice forcing Ryan Darby into saves. Matt Newman was next to try his luck. After netting his 99th goal for London Colney on Saturday he was looking for his century but his shot cannon back off the post.
Darby then made a one handed save as he pushed away a stinging shot from Collins and moments later Newman fired in a volley which just cleared the crossbar as the half ended goalless.
Colney continued to pour forward and craft chances with Danny Fitzgerald twice striking the woodwork and Newman, Collins and Spencer Clarke-Mardel failing to convert.
You may also want to watch:
For all their chances, it wasn’t going to be Colney’s night and luckily for the Blueboys’ manager Ryan Thompson his goalkeeper, Charlie May, was also in fine form and denied Dunstable a late winner.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common