Locke sees red as St Albans City lose at Boreham Wood
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City defender Darren Locke was sent-off in the first half as St Albans City were beaten 2-1 at Boreham Wood as they fell to their second Vanarama Conference South loss in a row.
Locke conceded a penalty on the stroke of half-time, which was scored by Lee Angol.
The second period saw the Saints respond positively and they levelled with 10 minutes gone as Sean Shields fired home.
However, the winner was to come for the hosts from their new permanant signing Junior Morias.
The 19-year-old, who had been on loan with the Woods last season from Sky Bet League Two Wycombe Wanderers, crashed home a sensational effort from distance.
You may also want to watch:
The defeat sees the St Albans now seventh in the league table, they are in FA Cup third round qualifying action on Saturday as they host Brackley at Clarence Park, kick-off 3pm.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre