Locke sees red as St Albans City lose at Boreham Wood
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City defender Darren Locke was sent-off in the first half as St Albans City were beaten 2-1 at Boreham Wood as they fell to their second Vanarama Conference South loss in a row.
Locke conceded a penalty on the stroke of half-time, which was scored by Lee Angol.
The second period saw the Saints respond positively and they levelled with 10 minutes gone as Sean Shields fired home.
However, the winner was to come for the hosts from their new permanant signing Junior Morias.
The 19-year-old, who had been on loan with the Woods last season from Sky Bet League Two Wycombe Wanderers, crashed home a sensational effort from distance.
You may also want to watch:
The defeat sees the St Albans now seventh in the league table, they are in FA Cup third round qualifying action on Saturday as they host Brackley at Clarence Park, kick-off 3pm.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor