Loanee Bailey impresses Colney Heath boss
- Credit: Archant
Elliot Bailey took his tally at Colney Heath to three in three games with a brace on Tuesday night in the Dudley Latham Memorial Cup.
The 18-year-old, who is on a one-month loan from St Albans City, scored in his second appearance for the Magpies before adding two more against Holmer Green this week.
The bad news for Bailey was the cup tie was cancelled after 90 minutes with the score at 6-6.
The Magpies’ boss Wes Awad said: “He’s really good and really professional in his approach. He wants to be coached and technically he’s a very good footballer.
“We’ve loved having him here. He’s scored in the last two games and he gives us something different in the squad in the way he holds the ball up.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s definitely one for the future.”
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works