Loanee Bailey impresses Colney Heath boss
- Credit: Archant
Elliot Bailey took his tally at Colney Heath to three in three games with a brace on Tuesday night in the Dudley Latham Memorial Cup.
The 18-year-old, who is on a one-month loan from St Albans City, scored in his second appearance for the Magpies before adding two more against Holmer Green this week.
The bad news for Bailey was the cup tie was cancelled after 90 minutes with the score at 6-6.
The Magpies’ boss Wes Awad said: “He’s really good and really professional in his approach. He wants to be coached and technically he’s a very good footballer.
“We’ve loved having him here. He’s scored in the last two games and he gives us something different in the squad in the way he holds the ball up.
“He’s definitely one for the future.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic