Loanee Bailey helps Colney to comfortable win
Loanee Elliot Bailey scored on his debut as London Colney brushed bottom side Ampthill Town aside on Saturday.
The 19-year-old, who has joined the Blueboys on a month loan from St Albans City, needed just 15 minutes to open his SSML Premier Division account for Jim Nicholls’ side.
Martin Collins surged down the left flank and took on full-back before cutting the ball back to Bailey who finished instinctively.
The rest of the half was all one-way traffic as Colney piled the pressure on Jordan McReuhnie but he stood firm to keep the deficit to a single goal.
Jimmy Hill added a second after the break, benefitting from McReuhnie’s poor clearance by lifting the ball over the retreating goalkeeper, to wrap up a comfortable 2-0 win.
You may also want to watch:
London Colney’s next fixture at Cotlandswick on Tuesday, November 18 against Buckingham Athletic.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street