Loanee Bailey helps Colney to comfortable win
Loanee Elliot Bailey scored on his debut as London Colney brushed bottom side Ampthill Town aside on Saturday.
The 19-year-old, who has joined the Blueboys on a month loan from St Albans City, needed just 15 minutes to open his SSML Premier Division account for Jim Nicholls’ side.
Martin Collins surged down the left flank and took on full-back before cutting the ball back to Bailey who finished instinctively.
The rest of the half was all one-way traffic as Colney piled the pressure on Jordan McReuhnie but he stood firm to keep the deficit to a single goal.
Jimmy Hill added a second after the break, benefitting from McReuhnie’s poor clearance by lifting the ball over the retreating goalkeeper, to wrap up a comfortable 2-0 win.
London Colney’s next fixture at Cotlandswick on Tuesday, November 18 against Buckingham Athletic.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 3 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 4 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 5 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 6 Victorian street theatre coming to St Albans city centre this Christmas with classic Dickensian tale
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 10 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans