Loan deal for Watford star as two signed at St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans have announced the signing of two players, with one having the potential to cause quite a stir.
Jorell Johnson joins on a month’s loan from Watford while Gerardo Smaldone has graduated through City’s development squad.
Johnson is a centre half, who was also the captain of Watford’s U18 team, and his signing will be seen as something of a coup.
The 19-year-old has had experience of the non-league scene having spent time at Hemel Hempstead Town last season.
St Albans owner, Lawrence Levy, said: “It is great for us. We have a good relationship with Watford and I want to thank them for their assistance with this.”
Smaldone on the other hand is home grown, having played for St Albans Youth since he was eight.
His signing continues the club’s desire to develop their own players.
- 1 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 5 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
Levy added: “He is part of the SAFA college scheme as well at Oaklands College.
“He is a midfielder and played for the first team in a pre-season friendly against Crystal Palace.”