Loan deal for Watford star as two signed at St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans have announced the signing of two players, with one having the potential to cause quite a stir.
Jorell Johnson joins on a month’s loan from Watford while Gerardo Smaldone has graduated through City’s development squad.
Johnson is a centre half, who was also the captain of Watford’s U18 team, and his signing will be seen as something of a coup.
The 19-year-old has had experience of the non-league scene having spent time at Hemel Hempstead Town last season.
St Albans owner, Lawrence Levy, said: “It is great for us. We have a good relationship with Watford and I want to thank them for their assistance with this.”
You may also want to watch:
Smaldone on the other hand is home grown, having played for St Albans Youth since he was eight.
His signing continues the club’s desire to develop their own players.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
Levy added: “He is part of the SAFA college scheme as well at Oaklands College.
“He is a midfielder and played for the first team in a pre-season friendly against Crystal Palace.”