Loan deal for Watford star as two signed at St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans have announced the signing of two players, with one having the potential to cause quite a stir.
Jorell Johnson joins on a month’s loan from Watford while Gerardo Smaldone has graduated through City’s development squad.
Johnson is a centre half, who was also the captain of Watford’s U18 team, and his signing will be seen as something of a coup.
The 19-year-old has had experience of the non-league scene having spent time at Hemel Hempstead Town last season.
St Albans owner, Lawrence Levy, said: “It is great for us. We have a good relationship with Watford and I want to thank them for their assistance with this.”
You may also want to watch:
Smaldone on the other hand is home grown, having played for St Albans Youth since he was eight.
His signing continues the club’s desire to develop their own players.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 6 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts
- 9 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 10 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
Levy added: “He is part of the SAFA college scheme as well at Oaklands College.
“He is a midfielder and played for the first team in a pre-season friendly against Crystal Palace.”