Liebenberg joins Bedford Blues
OAs’ scrum-half seals move to Championship outfit
OLD ALBANIANS’ scrum-half Stefan Liebenberg has agreed a deal to join Championship side Bedford Blues.
The Blues moved to sign the 27-year-old South African as a replacement for Newcastle bound Will Chudley and he will provide competition for player-coach Nick Walshe in the number nine jersey.
Liebenberg has played a pivotal role in OAs’ success this season scoring six tries as the club secured a fifth placed finish in its debut season at National Two South level.
The scrum-half’s form earned him a call up to the England Counties’ side in March and he also helped Hertfordshire reach the final of the Bill Beaumont Cup.
You may also want to watch:
“Stefan is a player that we have been aware of for some time,” Blues boss Mike Rayer told the club’s official website.
“Now is a perfect opportunity for him to step up to the Championship and show everyone what he is capable of.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
“He has plenty of experience and has more than served his apprenticeship at both Old Albanians and Cambridge under the tutelage of James Shanahan and we are delighted that he has signed.”