Liebenberg joins Bedford Blues
OAs’ scrum-half seals move to Championship outfit
OLD ALBANIANS’ scrum-half Stefan Liebenberg has agreed a deal to join Championship side Bedford Blues.
The Blues moved to sign the 27-year-old South African as a replacement for Newcastle bound Will Chudley and he will provide competition for player-coach Nick Walshe in the number nine jersey.
Liebenberg has played a pivotal role in OAs’ success this season scoring six tries as the club secured a fifth placed finish in its debut season at National Two South level.
The scrum-half’s form earned him a call up to the England Counties’ side in March and he also helped Hertfordshire reach the final of the Bill Beaumont Cup.
You may also want to watch:
“Stefan is a player that we have been aware of for some time,” Blues boss Mike Rayer told the club’s official website.
“Now is a perfect opportunity for him to step up to the Championship and show everyone what he is capable of.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
“He has plenty of experience and has more than served his apprenticeship at both Old Albanians and Cambridge under the tutelage of James Shanahan and we are delighted that he has signed.”