Liebenberg gets England call-up
OAs scrum-half named in England Counties squad
OLD ALBANIANS’ scrum-half Stefan Liebenberg has been named in the England Counties squad for their game with Ulster Bank Club International Team at Old Belvedere RFC in Dublin next Friday.
Liebenberg has been selected after helping OAs to fifth spot in National Two South in their debut season at the level.
“I’m very pleased with the calibre of the squad and the cooperation we’ve had from the Directors of Rugby at all the clubs despite the fixture congestion which has built up,” Counties manager Michael Old told the RFU website.
“We’ve had huge support from the clubs, who understand the honour of playing for England Counties and what the shirt means to their players.
You may also want to watch:
“Seven selectors have been monitoring the national leagues for talent since the start of the season. We’ve also had input from our coaches as to the type of game we want to play in Ireland and have selected a 22 man squad which we feel can follow up on last year’s first win against Ireland with a first victory on Irish soil.
“There’s a good blend of experience and some talented youngsters who will thrive on the England Counties experience.”
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival