Lewis selected for England
AFTER winning the English Boys Stroke Play Championship for the Carris Trophy at Moor Park for his first national title, Tom Lewis is taking part this week in another national event. He has been included in the English team for the Boys Home Internationa
AFTER winning the English Boys' Stroke Play Championship for the Carris Trophy at Moor Park for his first national title, Tom Lewis is taking part this week in another national event.
He has been included in the English team for the Boys Home Internationals at Hankley Common in Surrey, which started on Tuesday, with teams of 10 from England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland competing in a format of five foursomes and 10 singles.
FORMER Herts amateur champion Sam Little rescued a disappointing season on the European Tour with a challenging display in the Czech Republic.
Against a spectacular backdrop of mountains, forest and lake, he hit top form to share second place in the Moravia Silesia Open and collect �150,000 which should help to guarantee his player's card for next season.
You may also want to watch:
He trailed by four strokes after an opening two under 70, but narrowed the gap with a second round 67. Final rounds of 70 and 70 took him to 11 under par for a share of second place two strokes behind winner Oskar Henningsson of Sweden, who claimed his first tour victory.
SEAN WIFFIN (Hertfordshire) won the PGA East Anglian Open by two strokes with rounds of 68 and 64 at Hainault Forest, and a week later tied for fourth place in the PGA East Region Championship at Nazeing after rounds of 71 and 69, three strokes behind winner Andrew Collison (Bungay and Waveney Valley) 71 66.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style