Letchworth 10k race win for Webster
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders were out fighting for the Hertfordshire 10k title on Sunday in Letchworth.
Wendy Webster won the ladies’ race in 38mins 43secs. Tom Crouch was first male Strider to finish, gaining ninth place in 34mins 55secs ahead of Peter Crowdell in 36mins 1sec, good for 11th overall and third in the V40 category
Elizabeth Barber (48:29) was first V65+ to finish, eight minutes ahead of her nearest rival. Other Striders to finish were Hallam Smallpeice (40:25), Helen Cartlidge (42:25), Trevor Clements (44:23), Anna Styles (44:27), Anthony Edwards (47:18), Paul Ashwell (58:40).
Elsewhere: Steve Cockrell ran the Chester Marathon in 3hrs 29secs; Stephen Elkan ran the Royal Parks 50km in 4hrs 38mins; Simon Fraser ran the Royal Parks half marathon in 1hr 22mins 20secs; Joanna Sharples ran the Blenheim Palace half marathon in 1hr 41mins; Doug Hobson and Darran Purnell ran the Brussels Half marathon in 1hr 31mins 59secs and 1hr 57mins 22secs respectively.
David O’Neill ran the Cardiff Half Marathon in 1hr 33mins 16secs. Several Striders finished the the Bournemouth marathon with Paul Earnshaw (3:45) leading in Ben Scott (3:50), Jack Brooks (3:52), Catherine Hall (5:08).
You may also want to watch:
Wai-Meng Au-Yeong ran the Bournemouth Half in 2hrs 14mins 11secs while Steve Smith finished fourth in the Hatfield House 10k in 40mins 50secs.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land