Cup run over as Leopards suffer a third-period rocket against Reading
- Credit: Archant
A disastrous third period put pay to Essex & Herts Leopards’ hopes of landing the National Cup for a fourth time as they slumped to a 98-82 loss against Reading Rockets.
They led after the opening 10 minutes and were only down by five points at half-time at Oaklands as they trailed 44-39.
However, they conceded an 18-point deficit during the first quarter after the break to slump to defeat.
Hazeef Abdul and Jerrelle Okoro both scored 20 points and there was six points for Oaklands junior Toby Gastaldi-Divies after he landed three three-point shots.
Leopards will look to end 2019 with a win when they travel to Leicester Warriors on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The game will see a battle between the top flight's top scorers, with Abdul leading the way with an average of 28 points per game ahead of Leicester's TJ Henderson.
Last season the Big Cats completed the double over the Warriors.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden