Cup run over as Leopards suffer a third-period rocket against Reading
- Credit: Archant
A disastrous third period put pay to Essex & Herts Leopards’ hopes of landing the National Cup for a fourth time as they slumped to a 98-82 loss against Reading Rockets.
They led after the opening 10 minutes and were only down by five points at half-time at Oaklands as they trailed 44-39.
However, they conceded an 18-point deficit during the first quarter after the break to slump to defeat.
Hazeef Abdul and Jerrelle Okoro both scored 20 points and there was six points for Oaklands junior Toby Gastaldi-Divies after he landed three three-point shots.
Leopards will look to end 2019 with a win when they travel to Leicester Warriors on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The game will see a battle between the top flight's top scorers, with Abdul leading the way with an average of 28 points per game ahead of Leicester's TJ Henderson.
Last season the Big Cats completed the double over the Warriors.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book