Leopards hoping big crowd at Oaklands can spur them onto victory
- Credit: Archant
Essex & Herts Leopards are expecting a big crowd for their second appearance of the season at Oaklands College on Saturday when Reading Rockets are the visitors.
And general manager Dave Ryan is hoping they can spur the side on to a first win of the campaign.
He said: ""It seems like we've been on the road all season, so it'll be good to play at our new home. We're on the show court so hopefully we'll have a decent crowd and put on a good show."
Head coach Thomas Baker's side won all four games against Rockets last season and despite seeing his side lose 109-86 at Derby Trailblazers on Saturday, he is hopeful the good times are close at hand.
He said: "We had a good first half again and this is becoming a consistent thing for us that we will have to continue.
You may also want to watch:
"The start of the third we became a bit tentative and Derby capitalised and punished our mistakes.
"We are competing right until the death and we need to keep going, It will be good when have everyone back healthy as injuries are really hurting us right now."
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
It starts at 5.45pm with tickets available on the door or through www.leopardsbasketball.co.uk