Leopards hoping for better 2020 after tough overtime loss at Leicester Warriors
- Credit: Archant
Essex & Herts Leopards go into 2020 in a relegation dogfight following their 94-85 overtime loss at Leicester Warriors
The Oaklands College-based basketball side had led by as many as 11 and were five up with four minutes of regulation time remaining.
But the final nine minutes of the game saw the home side take control as Leopards fell to their 11th league loss of the campaign.
Coach Thomas Baker said: "Being in a position to win so close to the final whistle, this loss is one of the toughest to take.
"The guys committed to some subtle changes we had made to our game plan and for the most part it was paying off.
You may also want to watch:
"This half of the season has not been what we wanted in terms of results but I believe that after the Christmas break we can come back and change our fortunes."
The Big Cats open the New Year with a trip to fellow strugglers Barking Abbey on Saturday.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans