Leopards hoping for better 2020 after tough overtime loss at Leicester Warriors
- Credit: Archant
Essex & Herts Leopards go into 2020 in a relegation dogfight following their 94-85 overtime loss at Leicester Warriors
The Oaklands College-based basketball side had led by as many as 11 and were five up with four minutes of regulation time remaining.
But the final nine minutes of the game saw the home side take control as Leopards fell to their 11th league loss of the campaign.
Coach Thomas Baker said: "Being in a position to win so close to the final whistle, this loss is one of the toughest to take.
"The guys committed to some subtle changes we had made to our game plan and for the most part it was paying off.
You may also want to watch:
"This half of the season has not been what we wanted in terms of results but I believe that after the Christmas break we can come back and change our fortunes."
The Big Cats open the New Year with a trip to fellow strugglers Barking Abbey on Saturday.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building