Double for Leopards has them dreaming of a remarkable escape from relegation
- Credit: Archant
A pair of contrasting victories have thrown Leopards a relegation lifeline – and they go into Saturday’s game against Barking Abbey at Oaklands College knowing that a fourth straight win will ensure another season of Division One basketball.
The Big Cats won a thriller 99-96 at Liverpool to consign the Merseyside club to relegation while 24 hours later a barrage of three-pointers downed Nottingham Hoods 127-95 at Oaklands.
England international Orlan Jackman was in scintillating form for Thomas Baker's team in both games, finishing with 37 points against Liverpool and a further 20 against Nottingham.
He also claimed 20 rebounds.
Leopards led for just 52 seconds in Liverpool but they were at the important end.
You may also want to watch:
They trailed 96-88 with 2:29 on the clock before launching an amazing 11-point run to clinch the win.
Things were a bit less fraught the following day as the Big Cats never looked back after a 35-22 first period and like Jackman, Elvisi Dusha also picked up 20 points in that game.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The St Albans-based side sit 11th of 14 with three games to go.