Lee Chappell signs on for another year at St Albans City but no place for Joe Welch
- Credit: Archant
Ian Allinson’s summer rebuilding at St Albans City has begun in earnest – with Lee Chappell the first to agree a new deal.
The former skipper, who has made over 150 appearances for the club, has signed a new one year contract at Clarence Park.
And he cited the club’s potential as reason for agreeing the deal.
He said: “The way we finished last campaign was simply amazing and with Ian Allinson at the helm and a fresh slate come August, the club has a very bright future which I want to be part of.”
However, goalkeeper Joe Welch will not be returning.
Allinson said: “Joe has been fantastic for me during his time here which has been reflected in the accolades and awards he has collected during his time with the club.
“I’m just looking to freshen things up next season however I thank Joe for his hard work over the last few months since I have arrived and especially over the last couple of years.”
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 3 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 4 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 5 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 7 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 8 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
A statement on the club’s website also said that discussions with potential new signings were ongoing although there wass nothing further to add at this time.