League news: Chippenham Town dismiss management
Calor Southern League side Chippenham Town has dismissed its management team.
In a statement on the club’s website, the board of directors decided to terminate the contracts of manager Steve Winter and his assistant Adam Tudor with immediate effect.
Winter, who arrived at the club in July, struggled to find a winning formula at Hardenhuish Park, picking up just 12 points from the opening 13 games, leaving Chippenham fourth from bottom.
The final straw, however, came on Tuesday (October 29) when they shipped nine unanswered goals against Stourbridge.
In a statement following their midweek hammering, the club’s chairman Neil Blackmore said: “I would like to apologise to both the fans and volunteers who work for the club for last nights performance.
You may also want to watch:
“Again indiscipline and poor attitude on the pitch have cost the club.”
St Albans are schedules to entertain Chippenham at Clarence Park on Saturday, November 16.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book