League news: Chippenham Town dismiss management
Calor Southern League side Chippenham Town has dismissed its management team.
In a statement on the club’s website, the board of directors decided to terminate the contracts of manager Steve Winter and his assistant Adam Tudor with immediate effect.
Winter, who arrived at the club in July, struggled to find a winning formula at Hardenhuish Park, picking up just 12 points from the opening 13 games, leaving Chippenham fourth from bottom.
The final straw, however, came on Tuesday (October 29) when they shipped nine unanswered goals against Stourbridge.
In a statement following their midweek hammering, the club’s chairman Neil Blackmore said: “I would like to apologise to both the fans and volunteers who work for the club for last nights performance.
You may also want to watch:
“Again indiscipline and poor attitude on the pitch have cost the club.”
St Albans are schedules to entertain Chippenham at Clarence Park on Saturday, November 16.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district