League loss for Sandridge Rovers
SANDRIDGE Rovers went to mid-table Wormley in a Herts Senior County League Premier Division fixture on Saturday hoping to put their recent cup disappointments behind them, however they fell to a 5-1 defeat.
They were still without the injured Stuart Love so veteran Chris Wickens played in a more forward role than of late, supporting Steve Lovell.
It started badly with Wormley on the front foot, exposing Rovers’ defensive frailties to take a 2–0 lead within 20 minutes.
However, Rovers responded well with Lovell going close and Matthew Chugg and Josh Godden both testing the home keeper, and deservedly pulled one back just before the break with a good finish from Lovell.
The early stages of the second half were much as the first with Wormley dominant, and the hosts were 4–1 ahead within 10 minutes of the restart.
You may also want to watch:
Again Rovers responded well with Lovell as usual tireless up front, but goals did not come.
As Rovers continued to press, with some trade-mark surges from Robbie Heywood, more space appeared in their rear-guard and it was not a surprise when a Wormley break from the halfway line made the final score 5–1.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land