Leading scorer leaves City for Brackley
SAINTS striker Drew Roberts has joined Brackley Town until the end of the season due to budgetary constraints at Clarence Park. The Saints leading scorer has joined the Northants side in a bid to aid their promotion push from the Zamaretto Premier Divisi
SAINTS striker Drew Roberts has joined Brackley Town until the end of the season due to budgetary constraints at Clarence Park.
The Saints' leading scorer has joined the Northants side in a bid to aid their promotion push from the Zamaretto Premier Division where they currently sit third, 14 points behind runaway leaders Farnborough.
"Drew has been excellent for us this season, scoring 14 goals which took us to a place among the promotion hopefuls," manager Steve Castle told the club's official website. "I am, of course, reluctant to let him go but a further cut to the playing budget has meant that sacrifices have to be made.
"It is not a case of Drew 'jumping ship' and I have made it clear to him that he will be welcomed back to Clarence Park when we return for pre-season."
You may also want to watch:
Brackley had been interested in the former Hemel Hempstead striker for some time, but City were keen to hold on to him after scoring important goals in the wins at Havant & Waterlooville and Eastleigh.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth