Leading scorer leaves City for Brackley
SAINTS striker Drew Roberts has joined Brackley Town until the end of the season due to budgetary constraints at Clarence Park. The Saints leading scorer has joined the Northants side in a bid to aid their promotion push from the Zamaretto Premier Divisi
SAINTS striker Drew Roberts has joined Brackley Town until the end of the season due to budgetary constraints at Clarence Park.
The Saints' leading scorer has joined the Northants side in a bid to aid their promotion push from the Zamaretto Premier Division where they currently sit third, 14 points behind runaway leaders Farnborough.
"Drew has been excellent for us this season, scoring 14 goals which took us to a place among the promotion hopefuls," manager Steve Castle told the club's official website. "I am, of course, reluctant to let him go but a further cut to the playing budget has meant that sacrifices have to be made.
"It is not a case of Drew 'jumping ship' and I have made it clear to him that he will be welcomed back to Clarence Park when we return for pre-season."
You may also want to watch:
Brackley had been interested in the former Hemel Hempstead striker for some time, but City were keen to hold on to him after scoring important goals in the wins at Havant & Waterlooville and Eastleigh.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire