Layne Eadie is doubtful for AFC Totten clash
- Credit: Archant
LAYNE Eadie is a serious doubt to play for City on Saturday after injuring his ankle last night (Wednesday).
The left back was helped off pitch in the 17th minute against Kettering, and head coach Harry Wheeler admitted it doesn’t look good.
“His ankle is very swollen – it doesn’t look the best,” he said.
“I’m not a physio but I’d say Saturday is a definite no. That opens the door up for other players who can come in.
“Obviously it’s bad for Layne but it gives someone else a chance. Football is all about chances. Players live off hope and if they think they will get a chance and take it, they can get in the team.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no settled side here, in a good way, because there is competition, which is good for the team.”
Eadie, who was signed by David Howell in August 2012, later tweeted a picture of his swollen left ankle with the message: “Finally home and ankles still in pieces.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
Eadie was replaced by youth product Myles Scott on the night and had a good game so could be in line for a starting spot against 10th placed AFC Totten.