Layne Eadie is doubtful for AFC Totten clash
- Credit: Archant
LAYNE Eadie is a serious doubt to play for City on Saturday after injuring his ankle last night (Wednesday).
The left back was helped off pitch in the 17th minute against Kettering, and head coach Harry Wheeler admitted it doesn’t look good.
“His ankle is very swollen – it doesn’t look the best,” he said.
“I’m not a physio but I’d say Saturday is a definite no. That opens the door up for other players who can come in.
“Obviously it’s bad for Layne but it gives someone else a chance. Football is all about chances. Players live off hope and if they think they will get a chance and take it, they can get in the team.
“There is no settled side here, in a good way, because there is competition, which is good for the team.”
Eadie, who was signed by David Howell in August 2012, later tweeted a picture of his swollen left ankle with the message: “Finally home and ankles still in pieces.”
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
- 10 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
Eadie was replaced by youth product Myles Scott on the night and had a good game so could be in line for a starting spot against 10th placed AFC Totten.