Lawford bags a double for Harvesters to win the League Cup
PIERS Lawford scored twice as the Under 18s beat Omonia 3-0 to win the League Cup. Martin Henry also netted to seal the cup and having earlier won the title, the squad now chase a thrilling treble when they clash with London Road
PIERS Lawford scored twice as the Under 18s beat Omonia 3-0 to win the League Cup. Martin Henry also netted to seal the cup and having earlier won the title, the squad now chase a thrilling treble when they clash with London Road in the final of the Challenge Cup.
The Under 14s North lost 4-0 to London Colney. Tom Reading made some fine saves to keep the match close until the second half. Harvesters battled hard throughout and Tom Girdlestone and Tom Anderson shared the Man of the Match award.
Goals from Cieran Yapp (two) and Elliot Bailey secured a 3-1 win against the Under 13s North Red. Joel McNeill was named Man of the Match. The team then defeated Whetstone Pumas 3-0 to secure the league title. Cieran Yapp netted a further brace and James Tully grabbed a single. The whole team were awarded the Man of the Match trophy. The squad finish the season on Sunday with the final of the Challenge Cup.
Man of the Match Will Biggs scored twice and Ryan Hyslop also netted but the Under 12s North went down 4-3 to Highgate & Muswell Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Vicky Gray scored a hat trick as the Under 11s Girls beat Denham Ladies 4-1. Bronwen Parry also scored and the whole team shared the Player of the Match award.
A 3-0 win against London Maccabi Lions was enough to ensure the Under 10s North clinched the league title. Charlie Ward scored twice and Matthew Harvey also netted. It was a second successive title for Jose Ponte and the impressive North side.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor