Laura at the double for Harvesters
Harvesters LAURA McGarry scored twice as the Under 13s Girls beat Garston 3-1 in the County Cup Final. Michaela Green opened the scoring on the day with a fine goal and Harvesters battled superbly to seal the win. Captain Madison Warby led the way
LAURA McGarry scored twice as the Under 13s Girls beat Garston 3-1 in the County Cup Final. Michaela Green opened the scoring on the day with a fine goal and Harvesters battled superbly to seal the win. Captain Madison Warby led the way with a strong display and it was a fantastic effort from the players.
ST ALBANS RANGERS
MAN of the Match Robinson Khaya showed his deadly finishing skills with an impressive hat trick as the Under 14s earned a spectacular 5- 5 draw against Brady Macabi Lions in the last game of the season. Jack Connolly scored one goal and Stuart MacGrath fired home a spectacular free kick to ensure a fine result.
You may also want to watch:
The Under 11s/Under 12s Belles played their League game in the double header against the LCGE Sugars, knowing that a win would be enough to secure the Girls MHRML Purple Division and this they achieved with a convincing 3-1 victory. Striker Katie Cronin finished off a fine move with a good shot to cancel out the opener from Eagles. Katie went on to complete a superb hat trick with a similar finish three minutes before the end of the match. A well deserved victory for the Belles with Captain Karla Simpson and Gemma Broom commanding at the back and Jessica Roots impressing in midfield. The Player of the Match award was shared between Katie Cronin and superb right midfielder Tenyl Dambrauskas.
With the Under 11s/Under 12s Belles out of contention for a place in the League Cup final, it was an ideal opportunity for squad rotation as they took on Letchworth Garden City Eagles Sugars again. In what was an even game throughout there were some good performances with the Player of the Match shared between Jessica Duff who showed great skill and vision in midfield and Maisie Ashwood for her enthusiasm and effort after returning from six weeks out injured. The match was won by the Sugars with a solitary goal scored just before full time.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
THE Under 11 Sharks faced Waltham Cross Youth in the Division One Play Off at the weekend. In a fantastic match that went end to end The Sharks narrowly won 2-1 with goals from John Barton and George MacGregor.