Nathan given Harpenden Town reins until the end of the season
- Credit: Archant
Micky Nathan has been given the reins of Harpenden Town until the end of the season.
He was head coach under Martin Standen before the former boss took up a job as assistant manager at Bedford Town.
And it is the culmination of the "project" that has convinced chairman Roman Motyczak to keep a settled hand on the tiller.
Nathan said: "Roman has spoken to me every day since Stanno left. That was the right move for him at this time, it is an opportunity he couldn't turn down and I wish him all the best.
"What he's done at this club and with this bunch of boys is phenomenal.
You may also want to watch:
"But Roman has said he wants to give it to me until the end of the season because it's mine and Martin's project.
"I have said that if he wants to get someone in then that's his decision as chairman and I wouldn't stand in anybody's way.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
"But I've spoken to every single player and they are staying and I'll be happy to do it until the end of the season and then assess it.
"I love football, I love the league and I love being in the changing room on a Saturday."