More in at London Colney as Blueboys and Harpenden Town complete pre-season fixtures
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
London Colney have added two more players to their squad ahead of the Spartan South Midlands League opener.
Because of the odd-number of teams in the Premier Division, the Blueboys have a blank weekend on Saturday, not kicking off their campaign until Tuesday when they host Oxhey Jets.
And manager Ken Charlery will have the services of Brima Johnson and Lee Axworthy available to him.
Johnson spent last season with eventual runners-up Tring Athletic while Axworthy is a goalkeeper who was with Brentford U19s.
Colney's final pre-season friendly saw them draw 1-1 with Waltham Abbey, Dave Parkinson getting the goal.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden Town meanwhile brought the curtain down on their pre-season with a 4-2 loss away to Hoddesdon Town.
That was on Tuesday but Saturday had seen new manager Martin Standen return to old club Bovingdon and take a 3-2 victory.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared