Team county success for St Albans Striders at Watford Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders enjoyed county success after strong performances at the Watford Half Marathon.
The event, which also formed the Herts Veterans Championship, saw a large contingent from the club make the short trip and they returned with one win and three other trips to the podium in the team event.
Striders' women placed first and second while the two men's teams were second and third.
On top of that Jenny Maginley and Deirdre Heydecker each won third place in their respective age categories in the individual championships.
The tough undulating course that started and finished in Cassiobury Park saw Jonathan Strider the first to finish while Maginley was 14th overall.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Brady-Locke set a PB as he finished just eight seconds behind Scott and other half-marathon best times were achieved by Adam Webster and Doug Galbraith.
Other notable performances included Richard Davis who was second M50.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared