Late win over Blackheath keeps OA Saints unbeaten
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints ground out a late 13-12 win at home to Blackheath to preserve their unbeaten start to the Women’s Championship South season.
Trailing by two points with just minutes to go they were awarded a penalty for a Blackheath player going off her feet at a ruck.
And Caz Collie proved to be the coolest person in Woollams as she calmly slotted the kick.
Albanian had grabbed the first try in a cagey opening, Steph Plunkett touching down in the corner, but they trailed 7-5 by half-time.
Chloe Allcorn crashed over from short range in the second half but a Blackheath try nine minutes from time had seen the visitors snatch the advantage back until Collie's late interjection.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Sarah McKenna said: "This game will put us in good stead for the rest of the season.
"We were in a challenging place and I'm glad we've had this lesson early in the season."
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common