Late win over Blackheath keeps OA Saints unbeaten
- Credit: Archant
OA Saints ground out a late 13-12 win at home to Blackheath to preserve their unbeaten start to the Women’s Championship South season.
Trailing by two points with just minutes to go they were awarded a penalty for a Blackheath player going off her feet at a ruck.
And Caz Collie proved to be the coolest person in Woollams as she calmly slotted the kick.
Albanian had grabbed the first try in a cagey opening, Steph Plunkett touching down in the corner, but they trailed 7-5 by half-time.
Chloe Allcorn crashed over from short range in the second half but a Blackheath try nine minutes from time had seen the visitors snatch the advantage back until Collie's late interjection.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Sarah McKenna said: "This game will put us in good stead for the rest of the season.
"We were in a challenging place and I'm glad we've had this lesson early in the season."
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans