Late Staines goal denies Albans
EHL Women s National South St Albans 3 Staines 3 ST Albans drew 3-3 with leaders Staines at Clarence Park on Sunday in the EHL Women s National South. Hosts Albans took the lead when Joelle Weston scored on 21 minutes from open play. Sarah Embrey then mad
EHL Women's National South
St Albans 3 Staines 3
ST Albans drew 3-3 with leaders Staines at Clarence Park on Sunday in the EHL Women's National South.
Hosts Albans took the lead when Joelle Weston scored on 21 minutes from open play. Sarah Embrey then made it a commanding advantage with the second just before half time, striking home from a penalty corner.
You may also want to watch:
Staines responded with two quick goals just after the 50 minute mark. Kelly Morgan and Alex Stacey were both on target within two minutes to level the match.
Albans regained the lead when powerful striker Marjolein Out scored on the hour mark for what looked set to be the decisive goal.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Staines had other ideas and pegged back the Saints with a goal from a penalty corner two minutes from full time for 3-3.
Sarah Embrey scored on Saturday to earn Albans a 1-1 draw with Horsham at Claence Park.
There should be more drama this weekend as Albans unbeaten in 10 league games host Sevenoaks at Clarence Park on Saturday.