Late Staines goal denies Albans
EHL Women s National South St Albans 3 Staines 3 ST Albans drew 3-3 with leaders Staines at Clarence Park on Sunday in the EHL Women s National South. Hosts Albans took the lead when Joelle Weston scored on 21 minutes from open play. Sarah Embrey then mad
EHL Women's National South
St Albans 3 Staines 3
ST Albans drew 3-3 with leaders Staines at Clarence Park on Sunday in the EHL Women's National South.
Hosts Albans took the lead when Joelle Weston scored on 21 minutes from open play. Sarah Embrey then made it a commanding advantage with the second just before half time, striking home from a penalty corner.
Staines responded with two quick goals just after the 50 minute mark. Kelly Morgan and Alex Stacey were both on target within two minutes to level the match.
Albans regained the lead when powerful striker Marjolein Out scored on the hour mark for what looked set to be the decisive goal.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Staines had other ideas and pegged back the Saints with a goal from a penalty corner two minutes from full time for 3-3.
Sarah Embrey scored on Saturday to earn Albans a 1-1 draw with Horsham at Claence Park.
There should be more drama this weekend as Albans unbeaten in 10 league games host Sevenoaks at Clarence Park on Saturday.