Hertfordshire youngsters lose late on after hard battle in All British Championship GAA final
- Credit: Marc Aspland - The Times
Hertfordshire U15s fell at the final hurdle as they lost to North London in the final of the All Britain GAA Championship.
The county took a squad of 24 of its most talented youngsters to the event in Ruislip but they went down by five goals 14 points to three goals 12 points.
The London Colney-based St Colmcilles club provided the most numbers with nine players, as well as the management team of Ciaran Earls and Paul Coleman.
The nine from the Cotlandswick club were Danny Fowler, Jack Skehill, Kyle Reynolds, Sam McKenna, Felix Coleman, Cian Jelly, Harvey Bogush, Darragh Gallagher and Ryan Mangan.
It was a close-fought contest throughout with Hertfordshire in touch for most of it until a late flurry of points gave the Londoners the victory.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on the Herts GAA website Earls said: "This was the culmination of years of great work and coaching in all the clubs."
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead