Hertfordshire youngsters lose late on after hard battle in All British Championship GAA final
- Credit: Marc Aspland - The Times
Hertfordshire U15s fell at the final hurdle as they lost to North London in the final of the All Britain GAA Championship.
The county took a squad of 24 of its most talented youngsters to the event in Ruislip but they went down by five goals 14 points to three goals 12 points.
The London Colney-based St Colmcilles club provided the most numbers with nine players, as well as the management team of Ciaran Earls and Paul Coleman.
The nine from the Cotlandswick club were Danny Fowler, Jack Skehill, Kyle Reynolds, Sam McKenna, Felix Coleman, Cian Jelly, Harvey Bogush, Darragh Gallagher and Ryan Mangan.
It was a close-fought contest throughout with Hertfordshire in touch for most of it until a late flurry of points gave the Londoners the victory.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on the Herts GAA website Earls said: "This was the culmination of years of great work and coaching in all the clubs."
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival