Late, late show for Colney Heath brings vital victory
- Credit: Archant
Two goals in injury time gave Colney Heath a 3-1 win over Wembley and a vital three points – boosting their hopes of staying in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
Joseph Longworth scored two minutes into added time at the end of the game to make it 2-1 and Charncey Dash added a third two minutes later to complete the success.
Early Jamie Eames had cancelled out Taiwo Edyn’s opener for the visitors.
The victory keeps the Magpies in 20th position, level on points with Harefield United below them who picked up a shock 3-1 win at London Colney.
Our photographer Kevin Lines was in attendance to catch the action.
You may also want to watch:
Heath’s next game is on Saturday when they travel to Berkhamsted.
SSML Premier Division Table (bottom)
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets
16. FC Broxbourne Borough 36
17. Leverstock Green 35
18. Oxhey Jets 32
19. St Margaretsbury 30
20. Colney Heath 28
21. Harefield United 28
22. Bedford 24*
*Three points deducted