Late, late show for Colney Heath brings vital victory
- Credit: Archant
Two goals in injury time gave Colney Heath a 3-1 win over Wembley and a vital three points – boosting their hopes of staying in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
Joseph Longworth scored two minutes into added time at the end of the game to make it 2-1 and Charncey Dash added a third two minutes later to complete the success.
Early Jamie Eames had cancelled out Taiwo Edyn’s opener for the visitors.
The victory keeps the Magpies in 20th position, level on points with Harefield United below them who picked up a shock 3-1 win at London Colney.
Our photographer Kevin Lines was in attendance to catch the action.
Heath’s next game is on Saturday when they travel to Berkhamsted.
SSML Premier Division Table (bottom)
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
16. FC Broxbourne Borough 36
17. Leverstock Green 35
18. Oxhey Jets 32
19. St Margaretsbury 30
20. Colney Heath 28
21. Harefield United 28
22. Bedford 24*
*Three points deducted