Late, late show for Colney Heath brings vital victory
- Credit: Archant
Two goals in injury time gave Colney Heath a 3-1 win over Wembley and a vital three points – boosting their hopes of staying in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
Joseph Longworth scored two minutes into added time at the end of the game to make it 2-1 and Charncey Dash added a third two minutes later to complete the success.
Early Jamie Eames had cancelled out Taiwo Edyn’s opener for the visitors.
The victory keeps the Magpies in 20th position, level on points with Harefield United below them who picked up a shock 3-1 win at London Colney.
Our photographer Kevin Lines was in attendance to catch the action.
You may also want to watch:
Heath’s next game is on Saturday when they travel to Berkhamsted.
SSML Premier Division Table (bottom)
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 Demystifying the press release: How to submit your stories to the Herts Ad
16. FC Broxbourne Borough 36
17. Leverstock Green 35
18. Oxhey Jets 32
19. St Margaretsbury 30
20. Colney Heath 28
21. Harefield United 28
22. Bedford 24*
*Three points deducted