Late goals salvage draw for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
A barnstorming last 10 minutes saw St Albans City grab a draw away to Basingstoke – and keep their unbeaten run under caretaker manager Harry Wheeler intact.
Twice City had to come from behind to claim a point in this Vanarama National League South fixture.
Sam Corcoran scored the first on 80 minutes, cancelling out an early strike by former Luton Town favourite, Rowan Vine.
However, within a minute Basingstoke were back in front through Chris Flood.
But Saints were not to be denied and with five minutes to go Ben Martin, with his second goal of the week, ensured parity.
You may also want to watch:
The draw however was not enough to stop City dropping back into the relegation zone as both Margate and Havant & Waterlooville picked up wins.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 8 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions