Late goals salvage draw for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
A barnstorming last 10 minutes saw St Albans City grab a draw away to Basingstoke – and keep their unbeaten run under caretaker manager Harry Wheeler intact.
Twice City had to come from behind to claim a point in this Vanarama National League South fixture.
Sam Corcoran scored the first on 80 minutes, cancelling out an early strike by former Luton Town favourite, Rowan Vine.
However, within a minute Basingstoke were back in front through Chris Flood.
But Saints were not to be denied and with five minutes to go Ben Martin, with his second goal of the week, ensured parity.
You may also want to watch:
The draw however was not enough to stop City dropping back into the relegation zone as both Margate and Havant & Waterlooville picked up wins.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath