Late goals deliver big blows for battling Harpenden Town
- Credit: Archant
A late penalty and a disappointing evening meant Harpenden Town ended their week with just one point.
They were 1-0 up away to Arlesey Town on Saturday with the clock already into time added on when the New Lamb Meadow hosts were awarded a penalty.
James Hatch converted it to cancel out Archie McClelland’s 65th-minute opener.
Manager Danny Plumb though was still proud of his players with the draw making it six games undefeated.
However, that run came to a shuddering half at another of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division’s top-six teams as Biggleswade United won 4-1.
You may also want to watch:
Defensive lapses meant they were 2-1 down at half-time but it wasn’t until the final 10 minutes that United pulled clear.
The results leave Harpenden in 14th position but 14 points clear of relegation.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
They host Baldock Town at Rothamsted Park on Saturday.