Late goals deliver big blows for battling Harpenden Town
- Credit: Archant
A late penalty and a disappointing evening meant Harpenden Town ended their week with just one point.
They were 1-0 up away to Arlesey Town on Saturday with the clock already into time added on when the New Lamb Meadow hosts were awarded a penalty.
James Hatch converted it to cancel out Archie McClelland’s 65th-minute opener.
Manager Danny Plumb though was still proud of his players with the draw making it six games undefeated.
However, that run came to a shuddering half at another of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division’s top-six teams as Biggleswade United won 4-1.
Defensive lapses meant they were 2-1 down at half-time but it wasn’t until the final 10 minutes that United pulled clear.
The results leave Harpenden in 14th position but 14 points clear of relegation.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 7 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 8 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
They host Baldock Town at Rothamsted Park on Saturday.