Late goals deliver big blows for battling Harpenden Town
- Credit: Archant
A late penalty and a disappointing evening meant Harpenden Town ended their week with just one point.
They were 1-0 up away to Arlesey Town on Saturday with the clock already into time added on when the New Lamb Meadow hosts were awarded a penalty.
James Hatch converted it to cancel out Archie McClelland’s 65th-minute opener.
Manager Danny Plumb though was still proud of his players with the draw making it six games undefeated.
However, that run came to a shuddering half at another of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division’s top-six teams as Biggleswade United won 4-1.
Defensive lapses meant they were 2-1 down at half-time but it wasn’t until the final 10 minutes that United pulled clear.
The results leave Harpenden in 14th position but 14 points clear of relegation.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 9 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
They host Baldock Town at Rothamsted Park on Saturday.