Late goals deliver big blows for battling Harpenden Town
- Credit: Archant
A late penalty and a disappointing evening meant Harpenden Town ended their week with just one point.
They were 1-0 up away to Arlesey Town on Saturday with the clock already into time added on when the New Lamb Meadow hosts were awarded a penalty.
James Hatch converted it to cancel out Archie McClelland’s 65th-minute opener.
Manager Danny Plumb though was still proud of his players with the draw making it six games undefeated.
However, that run came to a shuddering half at another of the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division’s top-six teams as Biggleswade United won 4-1.
You may also want to watch:
Defensive lapses meant they were 2-1 down at half-time but it wasn’t until the final 10 minutes that United pulled clear.
The results leave Harpenden in 14th position but 14 points clear of relegation.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
They host Baldock Town at Rothamsted Park on Saturday.