Last-gasp equaliser brings joy for Colney Heath Ladies
- Credit: Archant
A late goal helped Colney Heath to a 1-1 draw against a Royston Town side that had dumped the ladies out of the FA Cup two weeks earlier.
They went into the game full of confidence after last week’s victory over Lowestoft and were able to call on a full compliment of 16 players.
Chances were few and far between for both teams and it was becoming apparent that the first goal was going to be massive.
Unfortunately it went to the visitors who took a 1-0 lead into half-time.
A disallowed Royston goal 10 minutes from time proved the turning point as the Magpies went direct afterwards.
And after Lucy Hancock had headed wide, her free-kick started the move that found Vicki Allen at the far post for a well-deserved equaliser.
That leaves Heath in fourth and with another tough home game, this time against Writtle Ladies coming up on Sunday.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead