Last-gasp equaliser brings joy for Colney Heath Ladies
- Credit: Archant
A late goal helped Colney Heath to a 1-1 draw against a Royston Town side that had dumped the ladies out of the FA Cup two weeks earlier.
They went into the game full of confidence after last week’s victory over Lowestoft and were able to call on a full compliment of 16 players.
Chances were few and far between for both teams and it was becoming apparent that the first goal was going to be massive.
Unfortunately it went to the visitors who took a 1-0 lead into half-time.
A disallowed Royston goal 10 minutes from time proved the turning point as the Magpies went direct afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
And after Lucy Hancock had headed wide, her free-kick started the move that found Vicki Allen at the far post for a well-deserved equaliser.
That leaves Heath in fourth and with another tough home game, this time against Writtle Ladies coming up on Sunday.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 5 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 6 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land