Last-gasp equaliser brings joy for Colney Heath Ladies
- Credit: Archant
A late goal helped Colney Heath to a 1-1 draw against a Royston Town side that had dumped the ladies out of the FA Cup two weeks earlier.
They went into the game full of confidence after last week’s victory over Lowestoft and were able to call on a full compliment of 16 players.
Chances were few and far between for both teams and it was becoming apparent that the first goal was going to be massive.
Unfortunately it went to the visitors who took a 1-0 lead into half-time.
A disallowed Royston goal 10 minutes from time proved the turning point as the Magpies went direct afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
And after Lucy Hancock had headed wide, her free-kick started the move that found Vicki Allen at the far post for a well-deserved equaliser.
That leaves Heath in fourth and with another tough home game, this time against Writtle Ladies coming up on Sunday.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant