Lambert, 49, and Howell, 17, show age is no concern as they achieve black belts
- Credit: Archant
Marshalswick Judo Club students Dave Lambert and Bradley Howell have achieved their back belts after winning competitions at two separate venues.
Lambert won in High Wycombe while Howell was in Dartford, winning his age group. Both won all their contests with Ippon throws.
This is a first the club has had two of its students win Dan grades at the same time, at two different locations.
Head Coach Doug Seabrook who watched Bradley gain his Dan grade, was extremely impressed with Bradley’s performance as he is only 17 years old, and competed against more experience judoka.
Martin Square, MJC’s assistant coach, was with Dave Lambert who, at 49, was one of the oldest at the grading, taking on judoka who were a lot younger.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in trying judo, visit www.mjclub.co.uk
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high