Lambert, 49, and Howell, 17, show age is no concern as they achieve black belts
- Credit: Archant
Marshalswick Judo Club students Dave Lambert and Bradley Howell have achieved their back belts after winning competitions at two separate venues.
Lambert won in High Wycombe while Howell was in Dartford, winning his age group. Both won all their contests with Ippon throws.
This is a first the club has had two of its students win Dan grades at the same time, at two different locations.
Head Coach Doug Seabrook who watched Bradley gain his Dan grade, was extremely impressed with Bradley’s performance as he is only 17 years old, and competed against more experience judoka.
Martin Square, MJC’s assistant coach, was with Dave Lambert who, at 49, was one of the oldest at the grading, taking on judoka who were a lot younger.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in trying judo, visit www.mjclub.co.uk
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public