Lake included in England squad
Cents forward retains place for Ireland game
RUGBY LEAGUE: ST ALBANS Centurions forward Andy Lake has been included in the England Lionhearts squad as they go in search of their second win in the Amateur Four Nations this weekend.
The Lionhearts welcome the Ireland Wolfhounds to Hemel Hempstead this weekend looking to follow up their thrilling 30-22 win over Scotland in the opening game of their campaign last month.
Should the Lionhearts win this weekend it will put them within touching distance of lifting the Four National crown.
Coach Paul Heaton has named the same 18-man squad that grabbed the win at Stanningley ARLFC three weeks ago and his side will meet up in Hertfordshire in a confident mood.
You may also want to watch:
Stand off Sam Broadbent and hooker Scott Holder will again be crucial to England’s chances, whilst centre Rob Massam will be looking to add to the brace he scored against the reigning champions in game one.
After going down 54-22 to Wales in their opening clash last weekend, the Wolfhounds will arrive looking for an improved performance, although the Lionhearts will be desperate to notch successive victories.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
A win for the hosts could set up a potential title decider with Wales in Caerphilly on Saturday, August 6.
England Lionhearts squad: Nicholas Agbo (Greenwich Admirals); Scott Aspinall (Bedford Tigers); Sam Broadbent (Chester Gladiators); Ross Brooker (Guildford Giants); Matt Evans (Telford Raiders); Tom Gallagher (East Lancashire Vikings); Demetrius Gonsalves (Leicester Storm); Scott Holder (Kippax Knights); Paul Hyder (Greenwich Admirals); Oliver Johnson (Southampton Spitfires); Andrew Lake (St Albans Centurions); Rob Massam (Chester Gladiators); Russell Morris (Devon Sharks); Greg Newlands (Jarrow Vikings); Adam Peel (St Ives Roosters); Dan Reed (Nottingham Outlaws); Tim Stevens (Hemel Stags); Richard Wareing (Chorley Panthers).