Lake included in England squad
Cents forward retains place for Ireland game
RUGBY LEAGUE: ST ALBANS Centurions forward Andy Lake has been included in the England Lionhearts squad as they go in search of their second win in the Amateur Four Nations this weekend.
The Lionhearts welcome the Ireland Wolfhounds to Hemel Hempstead this weekend looking to follow up their thrilling 30-22 win over Scotland in the opening game of their campaign last month.
Should the Lionhearts win this weekend it will put them within touching distance of lifting the Four National crown.
Coach Paul Heaton has named the same 18-man squad that grabbed the win at Stanningley ARLFC three weeks ago and his side will meet up in Hertfordshire in a confident mood.
You may also want to watch:
Stand off Sam Broadbent and hooker Scott Holder will again be crucial to England’s chances, whilst centre Rob Massam will be looking to add to the brace he scored against the reigning champions in game one.
After going down 54-22 to Wales in their opening clash last weekend, the Wolfhounds will arrive looking for an improved performance, although the Lionhearts will be desperate to notch successive victories.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
A win for the hosts could set up a potential title decider with Wales in Caerphilly on Saturday, August 6.
England Lionhearts squad: Nicholas Agbo (Greenwich Admirals); Scott Aspinall (Bedford Tigers); Sam Broadbent (Chester Gladiators); Ross Brooker (Guildford Giants); Matt Evans (Telford Raiders); Tom Gallagher (East Lancashire Vikings); Demetrius Gonsalves (Leicester Storm); Scott Holder (Kippax Knights); Paul Hyder (Greenwich Admirals); Oliver Johnson (Southampton Spitfires); Andrew Lake (St Albans Centurions); Rob Massam (Chester Gladiators); Russell Morris (Devon Sharks); Greg Newlands (Jarrow Vikings); Adam Peel (St Ives Roosters); Dan Reed (Nottingham Outlaws); Tim Stevens (Hemel Stags); Richard Wareing (Chorley Panthers).