Lake included in England squad
Cents forward retains place for Ireland game
RUGBY LEAGUE: ST ALBANS Centurions forward Andy Lake has been included in the England Lionhearts squad as they go in search of their second win in the Amateur Four Nations this weekend.
The Lionhearts welcome the Ireland Wolfhounds to Hemel Hempstead this weekend looking to follow up their thrilling 30-22 win over Scotland in the opening game of their campaign last month.
Should the Lionhearts win this weekend it will put them within touching distance of lifting the Four National crown.
Coach Paul Heaton has named the same 18-man squad that grabbed the win at Stanningley ARLFC three weeks ago and his side will meet up in Hertfordshire in a confident mood.
You may also want to watch:
Stand off Sam Broadbent and hooker Scott Holder will again be crucial to England’s chances, whilst centre Rob Massam will be looking to add to the brace he scored against the reigning champions in game one.
After going down 54-22 to Wales in their opening clash last weekend, the Wolfhounds will arrive looking for an improved performance, although the Lionhearts will be desperate to notch successive victories.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
A win for the hosts could set up a potential title decider with Wales in Caerphilly on Saturday, August 6.
England Lionhearts squad: Nicholas Agbo (Greenwich Admirals); Scott Aspinall (Bedford Tigers); Sam Broadbent (Chester Gladiators); Ross Brooker (Guildford Giants); Matt Evans (Telford Raiders); Tom Gallagher (East Lancashire Vikings); Demetrius Gonsalves (Leicester Storm); Scott Holder (Kippax Knights); Paul Hyder (Greenwich Admirals); Oliver Johnson (Southampton Spitfires); Andrew Lake (St Albans Centurions); Rob Massam (Chester Gladiators); Russell Morris (Devon Sharks); Greg Newlands (Jarrow Vikings); Adam Peel (St Ives Roosters); Dan Reed (Nottingham Outlaws); Tim Stevens (Hemel Stags); Richard Wareing (Chorley Panthers).