Lake handed the reins at Cents
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Centurions have named Andy Lake as their head coach for the 2015 season.
Club chairman Brian Parker announced the news this week, saying: “It’s no secret that we wanted Andy as head coach, and because he’s ‘been there and done that’ he is someone that the younger lads in the team will look up to.
“With his commitment and pedigree, we know Andy will bring our squad on to bigger and better things. We are very pleased that he has accepted our offer.”
Lake was the first team’s assistant coach last season, a position he took while recovering from knee surgery.
He has been a stalwart at the club for a number of years, coming to the Centurions as a teenager from Luton Vipers. He went on to win international honours ?by playing for both the Great Britain Community Lions and the England Lionhearts rugby league teams.
You may also want to watch:
Lake was also part of the treble-winning squads of 2007 and 2010 when the Cents won the league, regional and national titles.
St Albans’ pre-season starts in February with a line-up of friendly games. The league campaign begins in April.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests