Ladies trounce leaders
St Albans City Ladies 4 Hemel Rovers Ladies 0 FOR the first time this season the Ladies were at full strength and they turned in a brilliant performance to trounce the previously unbeaten leaders Hemel Rovers. In truth it could have been more if it wasn t
St Albans City Ladies 4 Hemel Rovers Ladies 0
FOR the first time this season the Ladies were at full strength and they turned in a brilliant performance to trounce the previously unbeaten leaders Hemel Rovers.
In truth it could have been more if it wasn't for a fine display by Hemel goalkeeper Leanne Fryatt.
Ria Llewellyn scored the first goal with a low drive from inside the box following Kate Clarke's clever pass.
Sofia Munoz hit the bar with a curling effort before Tiffany Harbron scored the second after Llewellyn had set her up following Hannilee Fish's free kick.
The third goal soon came with Fish sending Clarke clear and the striker kept her composure to round the goalkeeper and put the ball into the empty net.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 6 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 7 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 8 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 9 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Goal number four also came from Clarke, after she latched onto Munoz's pass and drove the ball into the bottom corner.
This was the Ladies' best showing of the season and even a missed penalty from Clarke late on couldn't detract from a fine performance.
Ladies: Atkins, Warren, Smith, Ladd, Jobson, Llewellyn, Johnston, Munoz, Fish, Clarke, Harbron. Subs: Ali, Clowes.