Ladies trounce leaders
St Albans City Ladies 4 Hemel Rovers Ladies 0 FOR the first time this season the Ladies were at full strength and they turned in a brilliant performance to trounce the previously unbeaten leaders Hemel Rovers. In truth it could have been more if it wasn t
St Albans City Ladies 4 Hemel Rovers Ladies 0
FOR the first time this season the Ladies were at full strength and they turned in a brilliant performance to trounce the previously unbeaten leaders Hemel Rovers.
In truth it could have been more if it wasn't for a fine display by Hemel goalkeeper Leanne Fryatt.
Ria Llewellyn scored the first goal with a low drive from inside the box following Kate Clarke's clever pass.
You may also want to watch:
Sofia Munoz hit the bar with a curling effort before Tiffany Harbron scored the second after Llewellyn had set her up following Hannilee Fish's free kick.
The third goal soon came with Fish sending Clarke clear and the striker kept her composure to round the goalkeeper and put the ball into the empty net.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Goal number four also came from Clarke, after she latched onto Munoz's pass and drove the ball into the bottom corner.
This was the Ladies' best showing of the season and even a missed penalty from Clarke late on couldn't detract from a fine performance.
Ladies: Atkins, Warren, Smith, Ladd, Jobson, Llewellyn, Johnston, Munoz, Fish, Clarke, Harbron. Subs: Ali, Clowes.