Ladies trounce leaders
St Albans City Ladies 4 Hemel Rovers Ladies 0 FOR the first time this season the Ladies were at full strength and they turned in a brilliant performance to trounce the previously unbeaten leaders Hemel Rovers. In truth it could have been more if it wasn t
St Albans City Ladies 4 Hemel Rovers Ladies 0
FOR the first time this season the Ladies were at full strength and they turned in a brilliant performance to trounce the previously unbeaten leaders Hemel Rovers.
In truth it could have been more if it wasn't for a fine display by Hemel goalkeeper Leanne Fryatt.
Ria Llewellyn scored the first goal with a low drive from inside the box following Kate Clarke's clever pass.
You may also want to watch:
Sofia Munoz hit the bar with a curling effort before Tiffany Harbron scored the second after Llewellyn had set her up following Hannilee Fish's free kick.
The third goal soon came with Fish sending Clarke clear and the striker kept her composure to round the goalkeeper and put the ball into the empty net.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Goal number four also came from Clarke, after she latched onto Munoz's pass and drove the ball into the bottom corner.
This was the Ladies' best showing of the season and even a missed penalty from Clarke late on couldn't detract from a fine performance.
Ladies: Atkins, Warren, Smith, Ladd, Jobson, Llewellyn, Johnston, Munoz, Fish, Clarke, Harbron. Subs: Ali, Clowes.