Ladies rock bottom
ST ALBANS Ladies lost 3-0 in their clash with table topping Reading. The home side took the lead after four minutes when Becky Odlin fired home. St Albans kept themselves in the game until just after the hour mark when two goals in three minutes wrapped
ST ALBANS Ladies lost 3-0 in their clash with table topping Reading. The home side took the lead after four minutes when Becky Odlin fired home.
St Albans kept themselves in the game until just after the hour mark when two goals in three minutes wrapped up the points for the hosts. Alex Smith scored from a penalty corner on 62 minutes with Laura Puddle completing the scoring minutes later to leave St Albans at the bottom of the Women's Conference East table.
The Ladies II secured their first win of the season when they beat Sandy and Shefford II at Clarence Park, winning 2-0. The result moves St Albans above their visitors in the Division One table. It wasn't such a good weekend for the III as they crashed to an 8-1 defeat at Leighton Buzzard III, while the IV recorded a good 3-2 win away at Tring II.
The Men's I were victorious away at Dereham I recording a comprehensive 5-0 win as they continue to chase Harleston Magpies at the top of the Premier A division. City of Peterborough II are the visitors to Clarence Park this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The II suffered a narrow defeat going down 1-0 away at Guildford III while the Senators had a hard-fought victory over Old Loughtonians III, triumphing 3-2.
l Harpenden Ladies I went down 2-0 away at Southend I with Carly Watson receiving a yellow card. The II also lost, losing 1-0 to local rivals Luton II despite a Player of the Match performance from Jenny White.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
Nikki Tassell's goal was not enough to stop the III losing 2-1 to Stevenage IV, with Nicky Sadler picking up the Player of the Match award.
Harpenden Men's I went down to a third consecutive defeat in East Men's League Premier B, losing 7-4 at Long Suttton.
The Men's IIs remain in one of the four relegation places after losing 4-1 to table-topping Blueharts II.
Fraser Tant scored a consolation goal for Harpenden, converting David Waters' pass to bring an end to his goal drought.
Harpenden III let a two-goal lead slip as they fell to a 4-2 defeat at the hands of Berkhamsted II, Tom Preest and Jon Pagan scoring for Harps.