Ladies move up to fifth despite loss
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s men’s first team failed to build on their maiden win, going down 5-0 against Richmond.
Last week, the Tangerines pulled off a shock upset by beating table toppers Southgate but Richmond pushed them back down the table with a comprehensive win.
St Albans also saw Terrence Baptiste yellow carded and Matt Burton-Bowen given his marching orders.
They now sit in ninth place in the league, six points above winless Brighton and Hove.
Elsewhere in the men’s section: the 2nds beat Wimbledon 3rds 2-1; the 3rds lost 7-0 to Spencer 6ths; the 4ths drew 1-1 with Letchworth 3rds; and the 5ths beat Harpenden 4ths 3-1.
The ladies’ first team moved up into fifth place in the league despite losing 3-2 against Old Loughtonians. Donna Pringle and Megan Crowson scored the goals.
Elsewhere: the 2nds lost 4-2 to Broxbourne 1sts; the 3rds were beaten 2-0 by Folkstone 1sts; and the 4ths lost 5-0 to Luton 1sts.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 MP condemns government over BBC threat