Ladies move up to fifth despite loss
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s men’s first team failed to build on their maiden win, going down 5-0 against Richmond.
Last week, the Tangerines pulled off a shock upset by beating table toppers Southgate but Richmond pushed them back down the table with a comprehensive win.
St Albans also saw Terrence Baptiste yellow carded and Matt Burton-Bowen given his marching orders.
They now sit in ninth place in the league, six points above winless Brighton and Hove.
Elsewhere in the men’s section: the 2nds beat Wimbledon 3rds 2-1; the 3rds lost 7-0 to Spencer 6ths; the 4ths drew 1-1 with Letchworth 3rds; and the 5ths beat Harpenden 4ths 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies’ first team moved up into fifth place in the league despite losing 3-2 against Old Loughtonians. Donna Pringle and Megan Crowson scored the goals.
Elsewhere: the 2nds lost 4-2 to Broxbourne 1sts; the 3rds were beaten 2-0 by Folkstone 1sts; and the 4ths lost 5-0 to Luton 1sts.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan