Ladies move up to fifth despite loss
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s men’s first team failed to build on their maiden win, going down 5-0 against Richmond.
Last week, the Tangerines pulled off a shock upset by beating table toppers Southgate but Richmond pushed them back down the table with a comprehensive win.
St Albans also saw Terrence Baptiste yellow carded and Matt Burton-Bowen given his marching orders.
They now sit in ninth place in the league, six points above winless Brighton and Hove.
Elsewhere in the men’s section: the 2nds beat Wimbledon 3rds 2-1; the 3rds lost 7-0 to Spencer 6ths; the 4ths drew 1-1 with Letchworth 3rds; and the 5ths beat Harpenden 4ths 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies’ first team moved up into fifth place in the league despite losing 3-2 against Old Loughtonians. Donna Pringle and Megan Crowson scored the goals.
Elsewhere: the 2nds lost 4-2 to Broxbourne 1sts; the 3rds were beaten 2-0 by Folkstone 1sts; and the 4ths lost 5-0 to Luton 1sts.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years