Ladies lose out
Sherradswood Ladies 2 St Albans City Ladies 1 A DEPLETED St Albans City Ladies side received a further set back when four players pulled out ahead of their trip to Sherradswood Ladies. However, the team spirit shone, when two of the players who d picked u
Sherradswood Ladies 2
St Albans City Ladies 1
A DEPLETED St Albans City Ladies side received a further set back when four players pulled out ahead of their trip to Sherradswood Ladies.
However, the team spirit shone, when two of the players who'd picked up injuries in previous weeks, Claire Boyd and Kate Clarke, turned up to help their team mates despite their injuries.
Unfortunately the Ladies lost out 2-1 with the home side netting the winner in injury time.
Goalkeeper Rebecca Atkins had a superb game while Ria Llewellyn worked hard up front alongside Caitlin Braham-Nicoll.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
At the back Katie Ladd, Claire Brown and Gemma Smith put in some strong challenges.
City's goal came from Hannilee Fish who converted a penalty after Clarke was tripped in the box shortly after she came on to the field.
City Ladies: Atkins, Ladd, Smith, Brown, Boyd, Braham-Nicoll, Fish, Clarke, Llewellyn, Warren.