Ladies end season with draw
ST ALBANS Ladies brought to an end their league campaign with a 1-1 draw with Old Loughtonians. Eleanor Beaven opened the scoring for the Saints when she converted from a penalty corner in the 40th minute. However the visitors, who finished the season in
ST ALBANS Ladies brought to an end their league campaign with a 1-1 draw with Old Loughtonians.
Eleanor Beaven opened the scoring for the Saints when she converted from a penalty corner in the 40th minute.
However the visitors, who finished the season in second place, levelled through Rebecca Halle 16 minutes later.
The result means the Saints finish the season in sixth place.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans' Men ended their season with a fine 3-1 win away at Blueharts to cement fourth spot in the East Men's Premier A table.
The Saints took the lead when a rebounded shot bounced back to their attacker and he finished from close range.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
That was the only goal of the first half but things got a lot better for the Saints five minutes after the break when they scored twice with both goals coming from breakaways.
The home team did manage to pull a goal back with ten minutes to go when Lewis beat two men on the byline and flicked the ball into the net.
Harpenden Men beat their Norwich City counterparts 2-1 to finish sixth in the Premier B table.
Harpenden Ladies went down 2-0 to Letchworth while St Albans Ladies IIs won 3-0 at Stevenage.