Ladies end season with draw
ST ALBANS Ladies brought to an end their league campaign with a 1-1 draw with Old Loughtonians. Eleanor Beaven opened the scoring for the Saints when she converted from a penalty corner in the 40th minute. However the visitors, who finished the season in
ST ALBANS Ladies brought to an end their league campaign with a 1-1 draw with Old Loughtonians.
Eleanor Beaven opened the scoring for the Saints when she converted from a penalty corner in the 40th minute.
However the visitors, who finished the season in second place, levelled through Rebecca Halle 16 minutes later.
The result means the Saints finish the season in sixth place.
St Albans' Men ended their season with a fine 3-1 win away at Blueharts to cement fourth spot in the East Men's Premier A table.
The Saints took the lead when a rebounded shot bounced back to their attacker and he finished from close range.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 7 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 10 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
That was the only goal of the first half but things got a lot better for the Saints five minutes after the break when they scored twice with both goals coming from breakaways.
The home team did manage to pull a goal back with ten minutes to go when Lewis beat two men on the byline and flicked the ball into the net.
Harpenden Men beat their Norwich City counterparts 2-1 to finish sixth in the Premier B table.
Harpenden Ladies went down 2-0 to Letchworth while St Albans Ladies IIs won 3-0 at Stevenage.