Ladies bow out of Cup
Late goal sinks City
County Cup Second Round
St Albans City Ladies 1
Hoddesdon Owls 2 (AET)
THE City Ladies bowed out of the County Cup after an extra-time defeat to Hoddesdon Owls.
You may also want to watch:
The away side went ahead midway through the first half but City responded well and were unlucky not to draw level when Olivia Mari’s shot came back off the post.
City were dealt a blow when ace striker Kate Clarke was stretchered off with what appeared to be ligament damage.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 9 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
The home side drew level when Player of the Match Steph Belcher played the ball out to Lucy Hancock who in turn fed Claudia Hutton to fire a low shot in off the post.
Mari passed up a couple of good opportunities to put City ahead as the game went into extra time.
With just minutes left City thought they’d snatched the win but Mari’s effort crashed off the crossbar.
Disaster struck for the home side as Hoddesdon went up the other end and snatched a dramatic late winner.
City: Hilton, Sherlow, Warren, Connolly, Kiff, Belcher, Hutton, Hancock, Mari, Slade, Clarke (Cameron). Subs not used: McGuinness, Fletcher, Kropman.