Ladies bow out of Cup
Late goal sinks City
County Cup Second Round
St Albans City Ladies 1
Hoddesdon Owls 2 (AET)
THE City Ladies bowed out of the County Cup after an extra-time defeat to Hoddesdon Owls.
You may also want to watch:
The away side went ahead midway through the first half but City responded well and were unlucky not to draw level when Olivia Mari’s shot came back off the post.
City were dealt a blow when ace striker Kate Clarke was stretchered off with what appeared to be ligament damage.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
The home side drew level when Player of the Match Steph Belcher played the ball out to Lucy Hancock who in turn fed Claudia Hutton to fire a low shot in off the post.
Mari passed up a couple of good opportunities to put City ahead as the game went into extra time.
With just minutes left City thought they’d snatched the win but Mari’s effort crashed off the crossbar.
Disaster struck for the home side as Hoddesdon went up the other end and snatched a dramatic late winner.
City: Hilton, Sherlow, Warren, Connolly, Kiff, Belcher, Hutton, Hancock, Mari, Slade, Clarke (Cameron). Subs not used: McGuinness, Fletcher, Kropman.